This is one of my favourite Bolognese recipes(yes I have a few more). Spaghetti was my childhood favourite and now one of my fav go to comfort food. It’s not only fast and easy to make it’s also fun to eat(yeah I play with my food sometimes🙄🤷🏾♀️) you can swirl it,cut it,spoon it or slurp it,what more satisfying way to eat your spaghetti. Am sure you are going to love it.
- Mince meat
- Scotch bonnet
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Parsley(flakes and fresh)
- Seasoning cubes
- Garlic(fresh and powder)
- Bay leaves
- Wash and cut your fresh tomatoes(as much as you want),3 scotch bonnet,2 small cayenne peppers all into 4 sections.
- Cover a baking tray with foil or brown baking paper,place all your tomatoes,scotch bonnet and cayenne pepper. Drizzle some olive oil,a pinch of salt,garlic,two fresh rosemary’s and place in the oven for 10-15 mins at 200 degrees.
- Bring out of the oven and blend on full speed until it looks smooth. Pour blend into a pot on medium heat to reduce the tomato sauce.(you can add dolmio or any other tomato sauce you like if you feel the need to).
- Add thinly chopped onions and a moderate amount of olive oil to a nonstick pan on medium heat,a cube of seasoning,1tsp fresh chopped garlic, 2 bay leaves, fresh parsley and two pinch oregano. Add in 500grams of mince and fry till it’s fully cooked.
- Once your mince is cooked/fried and your tomato sauce reduced to your satisfaction. Turn off the heat for the tomato sauce and slowly add the sauce to the mince gently stirring to coat and distribute the sauce and mince equally. Close and reduce to low heat allow to cook for 5mins then taste to see if any adjustments need to me made.
- Keep your bolognese sauce aside,and cook you spaghetti.
- For the spaghetti,half fill a pot with water,bring it to a boil add a pinch of salt,1tbs olive oil or butter and then gently add your spaghetti,use a fork to separate them and cover to cook for 7mins max. Once cooked drain the spaghetti,run under cold water put back into pot cover and steam cook on low heat for 2mins.
Serve your spaghetti in a bowl top with the bolognese sauce,grate some Parmesan and enjoy!!!🍝🤤
So easy to make and extremely yummy too🤤🤤. Give it a try and tell me how it went. Xxx